|White Chocolate Candy Corn M&M Pumpkin Spice Cookies|
|The pumpkin spice pudding mix replaced of some of the white sugar in a recipe.|
|white chocolate candy corn M&M’s|
One of the things I love about this time of year is all of the seasonal candies that come out. How often can you go to the store and get fresh candy corn and miniature candy bars at low prices? This year two items caught my eye. The first was the jello pumpkin spice instant pudding mix. I used this mix two years ago to make white chocolate chip cookies and picked up another package this year. The other item that caught my eye was the white chocolate candy corn M&M’s. I bought a bag with the intentions of taste-testing them, but I should have known better because the whole bag was gone within a few days, (thanks to my husband, daughter, and mostly myself)! So I went back to the store this week to pick up a couple more bags, this time to bake with. (Now I’m thinking about making another run for the M&M’s to stock up on before they leave the shelves until next year).
So here I had pumpkin spice pudding mix and white chocolate candy corn M&M’s. I thought about the flavors and how they seemed to compliment each other. Then I put them in a cookie. I took 1/2 cup of white sugar out of one of my standard chocolate chip cookie recipes and added the package of pumpkin spice pudding mix. I substituted the white chocolate candy corn M&M’s for the semi-sweet chocolate chips.
The result was just as I thought-fantastically delicious. The pumpkin spice pudding offers the perfect backdrop to the sweet candy corn flavored white chocolate M&M’s. This recipe is a winner and will be put away for next autumn. (Actually, probably this autumn considering I have all necessary ingredients on hand for a couple more batches)!
|tablespoons of dough slightly flattened on cookie sheets|
|Cookies are slightly golden around edges and set in the center.|
|Delicious white chocolate candy corn M&M pop out of the pumpkin spiced cookies.|
|close-up view of this delicious treat|
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 3.4 oz. pkg. jello pumpkin spice instant pudding
- ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1&1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 9.9 oz. pkg. white chocolate candy corn M&M’s
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, pumpkin spice instant pudding mix, brown sugar, and white sugar.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat well.
- Stir in the flour, salt, and baking soda until well combined.
- Add the white chocolate candy corn M&M’s. Stir well.
- Drop by heaping tablespoons onto cookie sheets. Flatten slightly with palm of hand. Bake for 8-9 minutes or until edges are slightly golden and centers are almost set.