|Lofthouse Sugar Cookie Bars|
|The dough will be very sticky to handle when patting down on pan.|
|Exactly twenty minutes in the oven gave the perfect doneness.|
|Add some pretty blue frosting and butterfly sprinkles…|
|Looks like spring!|
|I cut these bars into 32 pieces.|
|The frosting to bars ratio is about 1:4.
If you are a frosting aficionado like myself, double the ingredients.
|Store uneaten bars in between waxed paper in an airtight container.|
|I found a new favorite recipe!|
- Sugar Cookie Base ingredients:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 8 oz. block cream cheese, softened
- 1&1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2&1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Fluffy Frosting ingredients:
- ½ cup shortening
- 3&3/4 cups powdered sugar (1 1b. box)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 5 drops blue food coloring
- 2 drops yellow food coloring
- ¼ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 15x10 inch jelly roll pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter, cream cheese, and sugar until smooth and fluffy. Add the vanilla and egg and beat well.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and baking soda, mixing until well combined.
- Spread mixture evenly onto prepared jelly roll pan. (Mixture will be very sticky). Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown around edges. Cool and frost.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat together shortening, powdered sugar, salt, vanilla, almond, food coloring, and milk using whisk attachment. Beat until light and fluffy, at least 5 minutes. Spread on cooled cookies. Top with choice of sprinkles.