|Chocolate Fudge Cadbury Egg Cookies|
|chopped Cadbury Eggs|
|Large mounds of cookie dough waiting to be baked|
|Bake the cookies until the centers are ALMOST set
to leave you with a deliciously fudgy treat.
Cadbury Egg season is here again, and out come those delicious milk chocolate candy-coated eggs. What could be better than Cadbury Eggs than Cadbury Eggs in a fudgy chocolate cookie? For this recipe, I used my mom’s pudding chip cookies for inspiration. I substituted a package of instant chocolate fudge pudding mix for the french vanilla mix, a vanilla bean instead of the vanilla extract, all brown sugar in place of the granulated sugar, and crushed cadbury eggs in place of the chocolate chips.
The result was a soft, moist, fudgy cookie with wonderful bits of smooth chocolate and hard candy shell. The trick is in the cooking time; You want to slightly under-bake the cookies to keep that rich fudgy center reminiscent of brownies. And in case you don’t want to gain five pounds from eating the whole batch (yes, they are that divine), you maybe want to give some away to your family and friends. Maybe…
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 small package jello instant chocolate fudge pudding mix
- 1 large vanilla bean, scraped
- 2 large eggs
- 2&1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 10 oz. bag Cadbury Mini Eggs, crushed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, mix together butter, sugar, pudding mix, and vanilla beans. Stir well.
- Add the eggs and stir well.
- Mix in the flour and baking soda.
- Fold in the crushed Cadbury eggs.
- Drop with a three tablespoon scoop onto cookie sheets. Bake for 10 minutes or until cookies are set around edges but still moist in the center. Let cool on wire rack.