A round of smore-type cookies has been hitting up the food blogs recently. I wanted to switch things up a bit from other bakers though, so I did a few things differently. First, I used a package of instant vanilla PUDDING mix in my cookies to make them nice and soft. Second, I used all BROWN SUGAR to make these babies even richer. Third, I decreased the amount of flour considerably and added NINE sheets of graham cracker crumbs to really give it that graham flavor. Fourth, I used marshmallow BITS instead of miniature marshmallows to spread out the love a bit more. Fifth, I used HERSHEY milk chocolate chips for that genuine s’more chocolate flavor. Last, I tossed in some ROLLED OATS for a special chewy texture to contrast that pudding chip cookie softness.
I hope you enjoy these cookies as much as my family and I did!
S’more Oatmeal Pudding Chip Cookies
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 small package vanilla instant pudding mix
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1&1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1&1/4 cups honey graham cracker crumbs (9 sheets)
1&1/2 cups rolled oats
1&1/2 cups Kraft marshmallow bits
2 cups Hershey milk chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a stand mixer, beat together the butter, brown sugar, pudding mix, and vanilla until smooth and fluffy.
2. Add the eggs and beat well.
3. Add the flour and baking soda, mixing on low speed until well combined.
4. Add the graham cracker crumbs and mix on low speed to combine.
5. Continuing on low speed, add the rolled oats, marshmallow bits, and milk chocolate chips. Beat until thoroughly combined.
6. Drop with a 1&1/2 Tablespoon scoop onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 9 minutes or until slightly golden around edges and almost set in the center.
Makes about 5 dozen cookies