|Cotton Candy Celebration Fudge|
Have you seen the new frosting creation packets from Duncan Hines? I picked up several different flavors a couple of weeks ago, minus the white frosting tub. My intent has been to experiment with them in cookie and fudge recipes.
Here I used two packets of the cotton candy flavor in my funfetti fudge recipe in lieu of the vanilla extract. I brought them to a church picnic where everyone enjoyed them, kids and adults alike. Not only do they bring back sweet childhood memories of that cotton candy flavor, they also are a beautiful blue hue which is pleasing to the eye. The rainbow sprinkles add to the colorful gem of a treat that this is. And remember, you are NEVER too old for cotton candy!
- ¾ cup butter (1&1/2 sticks)
- 3 cups white sugar
- ¾ cup evaporated milk
- 12 oz. white baking chips
- 2 packets Duncan Hines frosting creations – cotton candy flavor
- 7 oz. jar Marshmallow Creme
- 1 cup rainbow sprinkles, frozen
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, stir together butter, sugar, and evaporated milk. Stirring constantly, bring mixture to a ROLLING boil. Boil and continue stirring constantly for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and immediately stir in the white chocolate chips and frosting creations mixes. Stir until chips have melted and mixture is smooth.
- Quickly stir in marshmallow creme until no lumps remain.
- Stir in frozen rainbow sprinkles, just enough to incorporate.
- Pour into a greased 9×13 inch pan. Let cool four hours on shelf or almost 2 hours in refrigerator before cutting.