My husband Jeff is often the springboard for my baking ideas. A few weeks ago, I asked him what he thought might go well with a lemon pudding cookie. I already knew I wanted white chocolate chips and almond extract in them, but he suggested I add rolled oats as well. At first I questioned his idea, but after trying them, I was sold. The chewy rolled oats are the perfect compliment to the lemon and white chocolate in these citrusy sweet cookies.
White Chocolate Lemon Oatmeal Pudding Cookies
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 small package instant lemon pudding mix
1 teaspoon pure almond extract
2 extra large eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups rolled oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 12 oz. package white chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, pudding mix, and almond.
2. Beat in the eggs.
3. Add the flour and baking soda, stirring until well combined.
4. Add the rolled oats, followed by the white chocolate chips, mixing until incorporated.
6. Using a 1&1/2 Tablespoon scoop, drop dough onto parchment lined cookie sheets.
6. Bake for 9 minutes, or until edges are slightly golden and centers are almost set.
Makes about 40 medium sized cookies