You can find a basic recipe for Coconut Macaroons on a bag of Baker’s Angel Flake Coconut. Surprisingly, there are not a lot of ingredients required to make these delicious cookies. I added one crunchy almond on top of each cookie to accent these chewy delicious treats
- 1 (7 oz) package Baker's angel flake coconut
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 large egg whites
- ½ teaspoon pure almond extract
- 19 almonds
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line baking pan with silpat.
- Mix coconut, sugar, flour, and salt in a medium mixing bowl. Add egg whites and almond extract, mixing well.
- Using a one tablespoon scoop, drop mixture onto lined pan. Top each mound with an almond.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until edges are golden.